Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Ultrasound

So we had our ultrasound appointment yesterday and it was great! It's always so exciting to see the baby again. It was funny because the technician doing our ultrasound was a lady I used to work with about 10 years ago. She was so great and we just chatted the whole time! I was still a little worried about the 5th disease affecting the baby and she said everything looked great. She said if the baby had the virus that the heart would be swollen and there would be fluid and things wouldn't look good. I was so relieved after having this done! And.....we are having a boy!!!! We are SO excited. I think I am still kind of in shock because I was just expecting another girl. The technician said "what do you have now" and I said "2 girls" and she said "guess what" (kind of sarcastically) and I said "another girl?" and she said "nope!". I think Jeff and I were just in shock. We both wanted a boy, but we didn't think it would happen. We are SO blessed and can't wait to meet our little man!!!

About a month ago, Megan said to her Grandma that God told her that mommy had a brother in her tummy. I asked Megan about that conversation and she said she asked God for a brother and he said yes!!! How cute is that?!?!? Anyways, I think she knew. Ever since then she kisses and hugs my tummy and says hi brother and I love you brother. I talked to her earlier this week just to let her know that it could be another sister, but she was right!!! Now, that hardest part for Jeff and I is going to be deciding on a name...we have a lot of difficulty with that.

Anyways, just wanted to update everyone on our appointment!! Have a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, so excited for you guys. Look how God's surprising you with the pregnancy and it being a boy. How cool is that:)!!!

Kirsten said...

Okay....just commented on facebook, but wanted you to know how thrilled I am. What joyous news! Love you

Mal and Ellie said...

Congratulations! Two girls and a boy sounds like the family you came from. You have a beautiful family.

Greg said...

Congradulations, I look forward to seeing all 5 of you in March!

Keith - Kristen said...

Right on!
Congrats on the HEALTHY baby boy!
That's awesome!