Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin patches and parties

We had a little Halloween party with some of Megan and Gabby's friends this morning and they had so much fun! The kids played, made crafts, ate cupcakes and lots of snacks! The mom's had lots of snacks too. The kids all came dressed up in their costumes and they all looked so cute. Megan was so excited to be able to wear her costume today...and can't wait for Friday.We have gone to two more pumpkin patches since my last post!! Jeff said we are going to be pumpkin patch experts:) My mom and I took the girls to a little pumpkin patch and corn maze here in town last week. Gabby would not sit still long enough to take pictures, but they loved the corn maze and ran around in there for awhile.Then last Saturday, we went with some friends to a pumpkin patch about an hour away at Davison Orchards. Mom and I went there in the summer and it was a great place. I heard that it's lots of fun to go there around halloween. We went on a tractor ride through the pumpkin patch. The kids liked to look at all the animals in the petting zoo and, of course, the playground was a big hit! They were making homemade donuts there and we could not resist them!!
On Sunday, I went out to run some errands in the afternoon by myself...and it was so nice to do things without the kids. I can't believe how fast it is to just run into a store, because with the girls it's getting them both unbuckled from their seats and carrying one and holding one hand...
Anyways, when I got home Jeff and the girls were outside playing, so we ended up raking some leaves because it was such nice weather! Megan was such a big helper and loved to put the leaves in the bag...Gabby helped too!!Last night, we went to Derek and Colleen's for dinner and to carve pumpkins! The dinner was great and the guys had fun carving pumpkins, while the mom's watched the kids. Megan wanted daddy to carve Mickey Mouse this year...he did Dora last year!! He is so creative and does such a good job.I am going to take the girls to the mall for some trick or treating on Friday afternoon and then in the evening Jeff and I will take them around our cul-de-sac. It should be fun!! The girls just looks so adorable in their costumes:) I will put pictures of them in their costumes after Friday.

Oh, and one last thing...I got a funny phone call this afternoon. I entered a contest on GlobalTV last week for a "unique eye contest". They wanted photos of unique eyes and if you were one of the top ten you won a prize for $1000 to Iris Optical. I have this neat picture of mine and my brother's eye and so I thought "what the heck" I'll send it in. And today a lady from GlobalTV called and said I was one of the top 10!!!! Now we get a shopping spree on glasses?!?!?! I think we will get some nice sunglasses. Anyways, I was pretty excited to have won a contest. Oh, and here's the winning photo...

1 comment:

Greg said...

Nice Eyes! $1000 sunglasses sounds pretty good. It's been so amazing lately now that the only glasses I have to wear are sunglasses.