Monday, June 29, 2009

One happy little guy...

This morning we had Marty's 4 month check up with the doctor. He now weighs 14 lbs 13 oz and is 26.5 inches long. So that puts him at 50% for weight and 95% for height. I have a feeling he is going to be tall!! The doctor was really happy with him. Last week, he had his 4 month shots and he did really well. He hardly even cried when the nurse put the needle in!! But, he did get a fever that evening and was a little out of sorts:( Thankfully, he was back to his happy self the next day!We were at a birthday party for one of Megan's friends this morning. Marty was a little distracted there and missed his morning nap. When I drove him to the doctor's he fell asleep, of course, and only slept about 10 minutes. I had to wake him up to weigh him and he was all smiles for me and the doctor. He is seriously the happiest kid I've ever met!! Ok, maybe I'm a little biased:)We had a pretty relaxing weekend...Jeff hung out with some buddies, a friends birthday party, church and hung out with some friends. Our friends came over for dinner on Sunday night and they are expecting their first baby in 12 days!! I can't believe how tiny she looks...we looked at some pictures of me just before I had Marty and I looked MASSIVE!! We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet their new little one. I have SO many pregnant friends right now...it's crazy! I'm so thankful for all thes little ones and that our kids will have lots of friends to grow up with. The weekend before last weekend, I went for a beautiful walk with my friend and her kids. It was such a nice day. We walked first and then let the kids play at the park for awhile. And they loved it!!We also had a birthday party for our friend Derek that same weekend. They had a great BBQ and the kids loved to play with all of Sarah's toys. They especially liked the Dora kitchen and the wagon! One of Derek and Colleen's friends came out for the weekend with her daughter. Her daughter and Marty are born only 2 days apart. She was actually due before me, but had her little girl after me!!Jeff took the girls to the park today after he got home from work!! That is always a nice treat for me, so that I can get dinner ready without all the chaos. They had a great time...My mom and dad sold their house about a month ago and they bought a new place. It is in a walled community and it's smaller and only one level. Anyways, they are moving on Wednesday...it all happened so fast! I'm going to help my mom set up her new kitchen on Wednesday. Should be fun:)

2 comments:

Greg said...

I can't believe my Dad hasn't informed me about them moving. Maybe he's still a little upset. You'll have to get a Cherry tree so he still has a reason to come to Kelowna!

Eric Vogt said...

No, you're right Tanya, Marty IS the best baby. I do hold the right to change my opinion just in case we ever have kids though! As always, I love the photos.