Monday, July 6, 2009

Family Vacation

Just a warning....there are LOTS of pictures!!

This past weekend we took a little family vacation. We have made it an annual tradition to go down to Oroville in the summer. Jeff's great-aunt and uncle have a house on Osoyoos Lake. They have a basement suite in the house and we get the whole suite to ourselves. Usually the whole family comes, but only Jeff's parents and our little family were there this year. We sure missed Eric and Traci and Curt:( Hopefully next year they will all be able to come.Jeff and his dad enjoying a little boat ride!We left on Friday morning and got to the house about 11am. I didn't know if we would have trouble at the border because we only have a birth certificate for Marty, not a passport yet. The customs officier was awesome, probably the nicest one we have ever had and it was no problem getting across.Grandma bought the kids this floaty and it was a big hit...After lunch on Friday, Jeff and I headed out to the grocery store to get some stuff. I love how cheap some things are in the States, especially cheese!!! The littles ones had their naps and then we played in the lake until dinner time. It was so relaxing. The weather was really HOT all weekend, so it was a good thing we had the lake to cool off in. The girls had a blast building sand castles and making "soup".
The girls LOVED running up and down the dock and chasing each other. They had so much fun!!Jeff and I made dinner that night and then we bathed the kids and put them to bed. They went to bed pretty good. We put them down about 7pm and I think they fell asleep about 8pm...not bad!! Neither of the girls napped that day, so they were tired. The adults hung out on the beach in the evening and ate s'mores and then mom and dad and I finished the evening with a game of dutch blitz!!
The kids slept really well at night, considering all 5 of us were in the same room. They only thing was they were up about 5AM!!!! It was really bright in the suite and they thought it was time to wake up. Jeff got up with the girls and I stayed in bed until Marty needed to be fed.Megan was so tired in the afternoon, she fell asleep in the lounger with Jeff!!These pictures were taken by Jeff at probably around 6AM when the girls were wide awake! So beautiful...this is the view from our suite!All day Saturday, we hung out at the beach and did more relaxing. Mom and I went to Prince's for a few things in the morning. Marty enjoyed some of his naps in the stroller on the beach. He is such a good boy and will sleep just about anywhere. I love that!

We had a very yummy BBQ'd dinner on Saturday made by mom and dad!! Saturday was July 4th and we saw a ton of fireworks down there. Jeff and I went and sat on the dock after the kids had gone to bed and watched fireworks all around the lake. It went on for SO long, but it was fun to watch! We went to bed around 10:30pm and the fireworks were still going on.

On Sunday, mom made us an awesome waffle breakfast, complete with custard and strawberries!! We hung around until noon and then headed home. I had a pounding headache on the way home and started to feel pretty nauseous. Jeff unloaded the boat at his parents place and I stayed inside and lied down and had a shower and then I felt a bit better. All in all, it was a great weekend!!!
Jeff and his dad also picked up our new mattress for our bed that we ordered. We were so excited to sleep on it last night and it is awesome!! Neither of us had sore backs when we woke up:)

In other news....Jeff's little brother, Curt is engaged to Anne. We are so excited for them!! The wedding will be Thanksgiving weekend in Victoria. Should be an interesting trip for us with 3 little ones!! I am thrilled to have another sister-in-law:)

I hope you made it this far...I just had so many pictures that I wanted to post:)

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

looks like an AWESOME holiday!!!! I guess we missed you by just one week :)

i just have to ask...is that the Klassen's house?? My husband's family is friends with the Klassen's, and they used to go up there in the summer's. :)

Eric Vogt said...

Awesome photos guys. We sure missed you! Jeff the photo of the sunrise from the dock looks great!

Traci said...

I love marty's big grin in that picture with you Tan. He's so precious. It looks like you had such a great time. We sure missed out. Oh, and remember how you were concerned about me bumping you from being the "new" daughter-in-law. Well, my reign was sure short lived.

Greg said...

Lot's of pictures is always good. My imagination isn't that great, so I prefer to see it as you do. Looks like great times, and hopefully you'll be making a longer trip for a wedding in just under a year.