Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Potty training....and more

We are in the midst of potty training Gabby...and she is doing awesome!!! I am so proud of her. I have had her in panties since last week Thursday. She has had a few accidents, but over all she is doing great. For the last 2 days, she has even gone poop on the potty all by herself, she doesn't even ask, she just goes!! I still put her in a diaper for naps and night time, but she has woken up from several naps with a dry diaper.My soon to be sister-in-law, Anne, was up for a visit this weekend and we had a family dinner on Saturday night. The girls modeled their flower girl dresses for her...
They are such little princesses...they love to try on the dresses and show everyone!
My brother was also here for a few days this past week and we got to spend some time with him too. We went swimming at my parents pool quite a bit this week because it has been SO hot!! Megan is getting more brave in the water every time we go to the pool. She holds on to the side of the pool and goes all the way around, of course, wearing her life jacket! I have to remember to bring the camera one of these times to get some pictures.On Saturday, I went on a little morning date with Gabby. Megan and Marty stayed home with daddy. Gabby was SO excited to have some time with me all to herself! It was really special. We just went to Tim Horton's for a treat and then to Toys R Us and Walmart. I bought her a placemat for the table, as she is out of the high chair now and also some new panties!! Oh, and it was SO easy to only have one child, I forget what that was like:)We took the kids to the park one evening last week and they had a blast! Even Marty went down the slide with me for the first time!(click on the picture to see Marty up close...he looks a little shocked!)
I'm looking forward to this weekend...Jeff has Friday and Monday off!! It will be nice to have him around. And I'm sure will have to go to the pool a few times as it's supposed to be hot outside!

Some of my girl friends and I had a little girls night last night to watch the finale of Bachelorette. We had such a fun time together without our kids!! Jeff stayed home with the kids and he did great, as I knew he would!! He is such a great daddy and kids love to hang out with him. I am so blessed to have him for my hubby and a daddy for Megs, Gabs and Marty!

2 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Awesome pics again guys! Why wasn't Anne trying on her dress? We wish we could see you guys sooner Jeff and Tan!

Traci said...

What a fun date with gabby! I love it. I had to go get in our pool Sunday cause it's hot here too. We sweat and sweat in our apartment. Well I wish I could have watched the finale with you. :~D miss you guys. Ps do you know what. You're wearing to hhe wedding?