Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Fun

Last Friday night Jeff and I went out to a Halloween Party at our friends house! Jeff's parents came over for dinner and then babysat the kids for us while we went out. It was great to go out without the kids and have adult conversations:) We got to the party about 7:30pm and we got home about 12:30am!!!! I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late...but, I didn't get enough sleep that night and was so tired the next day:(

Of course, it was a costume party...Superman and Lois Lane!
Our wonderful hosts...the king and queen of hearts!Christy, Jeff and Bas singing something...(Christy was the Paperbag Princess!)We had a great time! Lots of good food and friends:)

On Saturday afternoon some friends of ours and their kids came over. We had pizza for dinner and then headed out for some trick or treating with the kiddies! Meggie and Gabby were so excited to be in their costumes and they were stinkin' cute:)

A mouse and a monkey...
Oh, and look who woke up from his nap to join the other animals...a penguin!!Thanks to Jas for giving us this costume for Marty! She bought it last year for him before he was born and it fit him perfectly...I'm just sad it won't fit him next year:(And seriously...the cutest penguin I've ever seen!! He's wearing his sisters black tights because I didn't have black pants for him!!I was such a nice and fairly warm evening for trick or treating! The last 2 years it has poured rain and this was a nice change...
Gabby's bag was about the same size as her!We took all the kids around our cul-de-sac and they had a blast! I think it was extra fun for them this year because they got to go with their friends! They were all so cute:) We let the girls each have one piece of candy and they totally got a sugar high! We kept them up an hour later anyways because of the time change.Ohhhhh, the time change! Can I just say that I'm not a big fan of the time change since having kids!! The kids have been sleeping SO great lately and now the girls are waking up at around 6am and Marty about 7am!! I'm hoping they get back on track soon...I'm not a morning person!

We are pretty much over all the sickness around here and I'm so thankful for that! Oh, and I would like to know everyone's opinion on the H1N1 flu vaccine?? There is so much information and it's hard to know what to believe. At this point, Jeff and I have decided to not get us or the kids vaccinated...but I would like to know what you think??

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

3 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

I love the photos Tan! It looks a petting zoo on the left side of the couch in the last picture.

kelly ens said...

VERY cute little costumes on the kiddos :)
vaccination...still undecided - there are legitimate arguments for both sides!

tomandlynette said...

Great costumes all around! What a fun weekend for you guys.

Vaccination: we're not doing it here. It's so hard to know what's the right thing to do, isn't it? Everything feels hyped up, information is so conflicting.

Love Lynette