Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The light of the world!

I know I know...I'm getting behind on my blogging these days:( Life is just kind of busy and the days fly by. But, I'll try to recap what's been going on lately.
The Saturday before last, we had our Christmas banquet at church. It was really fun! We had a very yummy buffet dinner and then a little program. My friend sang a few songs and she is unbelievable...I so wish I could sing like her! Then after the banquet, Jeff and I and our good friends went out to a pub for a little visit. It was a great evening! Although...Marty was not so happy that evening for mom and dad V. He cried on and off for a few hours and that is totally not like him:( He was missing his mommy!
We had the girls Christmas performance at church 2 Sundays ago. It was so cute! They sang "Away in a Manger" and "Come let us Worship". They did such a great job! I was a little worried that they would get stage fright and not want to be in front of the whole church, but it was no problem!
After church that Sunday, I tried to get some good pictures of the kids in their fancy clothes! Of course...that was quite an episode! Here are just a few...
We had a little bit more snow last week, but this week it has been quite warm and it's mostly melted now. It's a little colder today..but, I don't know if we are going to have a white Christmas this year. Gabby wanted to go out and play in the snow one day last week. She totally doesn't mind being in the cold!
We went to see the "Living Nativity" at a church in town. They have a little program and then a little "walk through Bethlehem"...including animals and people! Here's Jeff and Marty waiting in line outside. You can tell that Jeff is really enjoying himself...him and I hate to be cold:( But, Marty stayed toasty warm in the backpack! Some friends of ours got married on Saturday and we went to the wedding! It was a very nice ceremony and then the reception was an outdoor party! There were fire pits and lots of yummy appies and desserts. We managed to stay pretty warm by the fires...I had my long johns and toque and mitts on:) My parents watched the kids that evening and I was a little worried that Marty would act up again for them. But, he did great and went to sleep without a peep! That's my boy!

Once again, our family has a cold! Seriously...we have been sick for the better part of 2 months! When will it end! It's just the runny nose and coughing, so I'm not worried about it, I'm just sick of being sick!

And the Christmas festivities have started around here! Jeff's younger brother and his wife came last Wednesday and his older brother and wife came yesterday and my brother comes tomorrow! So exciting to have family home for the holidays! We are having everyone over to our place on Christmas Eve after we go to church and then Christmas morning we will stay home and have our little family time and then Christmas dinner at Jeff's parents place. Should be lots of fun!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! May we truly celebrate Jesus...the light of the world!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hot-tubbing in the snow looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing all the festivities with us. Please give hugs to everyone from me!

Greg said...

The pictures of the kids look great. Wishing you and all your family a Happy and Joyous Christmas!