Thursday, December 10, 2009

Party, party, party

I'm trying to remember all the things we have done in the last week or so! Last Friday night we had Jeff's mom and dad over for mom's birthday dinner. We had a yummy dinner and then went hot tubing and then watched a show. Jeff and I both fell asleep during the show and I heard the upstairs door shut and I woke up. I woke Jeff up and we realized that mom and dad had left:) Too funny!! We are definitely getting old!

My 2 favorite boys...
On Saturday we woke up to some snow! The girls were so excited and wanted to go outside and play. We bundled them up and out they went. They "helped" Jeff shovel our driveway! They ended up playing with the neighbour girls all morning.
They had a fun time...except Megan came home crying:( Our one neighbour girl told Megan that the snow plows have men in them that kidnap kids!! Can you believe that!! Jeff and I were SO upset and Megan was terrified. Now Megan has had some nightmares and talks about being scared a lot. Even yesterday we were at some friends for a playdate and she didn't want to play, she just wanted to stay right by me. Jeff went over to the neighbors and talked to her grandparents(they are raising her). They were upset with her too and said she will get punished. Jeff and I aren't really interested in letting Megan play with this girl too often, if at all. She's only 6 years old and already had a big problem with lying.

Anyways, enough of that! On Saturday afternoon Megan had a birthday party to go to. She loves birthday parties and was so excited to go! The kids got to go mini- golfing and this was Megan's first time doing this. She did really well, she even managed to get a hole in one! Then they got to have pizza and cake!Playing in the cars...
This girl loves chocolate cake...Meggie and the birthday boy...
And a few random pictures...

The girls love to play our memory game! Gabby asks to play it several times a day and both girls are pretty good at it.
Part of our living room decorated for Christmas...On Sunday we went to church and then hung out at home in the afternoon and then we went to my parents house for dinner. And we have another busy weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow I am watching my friends kids for the afternoon and then she is bringing pizza over for dinner!

Saturday morning we have practice for the girls because they have their Christmas performance at church on Sunday morning! Can't wait to see that! Then after the practice we have another birthday party to go to and then in the evening Jeff and I are going to the church Christmas banquet and possibly another Christmas party at our friends house after that!! Whew...Should be lots of fun:)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

yay for snow! great pictures of your cute kiddos!

Derek, Colleen, Sarah and Jacob said...

Loving the fun tights that Megan is wearing :) You are great at keeping your blog up to date. We did finally update ours...

Kirsten said...

It was great to talk to you last night Tan!! I was thinking of you tonight, because I am making Butter Chicken for supper....yum!!! I make it with 2% milk and it still tastes good. Thanks for the recipe. And...i just LOVE Meg's expressive face. It always makes me smile. Love you guys!