Sunday, March 25, 2007

A little hospital visit

Since my last post, lots of things have happened!! Jeff and I went for my ultrasound on Friday to see if the baby was breeched again. We had the ultrasound done at the hospital and we had a technician in training, well he was very nice, but it took FOREVER!!! My back was killing me by the end of the appointment. He started doing the ultrasound at about 11:30am and we got home about 2:00pm. I had not brought lunch for Megan and Jeff had to go back to work. We were quite frustrated about this. The technician did like a hundred pictures of the baby, but in the first 2 minutes he told me the baby was not breeched!! I was very excited about this. Then the real technician came in and did all the measurements and pictures over again. I don't know why this all had to be done, but I guess it's standard procedure. The baby is measuring a little small right now, the technician thought about 5lbs 12oz. But, I still have 3 weeks to go!

Then, this morning I went to the bathroom and I thought maybe my water broke! I am only 37 weeks now. I was in a little bit of shock!! There wasn't much fluid and I wasn't sure what it was. We went to the walk in clinic this morning because Megan has a fever and is not feeling well, I thought I would get checked out too. Well the doctor at the clinic could not do much for me, he sent me to the hospital. At the hospital, the doctor did a swab and some tests and everything came back negative for amniotic fluid and my cervix was still closed. That was good news, because I would like the baby to grow a little bit more. Megan could not stay with us at the hospital because it is RSV season, so mom and dad came and got her and took her to their house. She was happy to see them!!

Also, Megan is not feeling well and is VERY cuddly. She just wants to be held all the time. I do like when she is cuddly but not when she is sick. Her fever was quite high last night and we gave her some Tylenol and today she doesn't have a fever. She does not have much of an appetite and is not herself. We though maybe she had an ear infection, because her balance a little off this morning, but the doctor at the clinic said she looks fine. I will see how she is in the next couple of days and if she gets worse I will take her in again.

1 comment:

Greg said...

I can't believe you're about to have a second kid, and I haven't seen you since your wedding. Good to hear see everything is going well. Hopefully I get a chance to see you again and meet your kids someday.