Sunday, May 27, 2007

Smiles

I can hardly believe it, but Gabby is starting to smile now. She is getting so big!! Last week at the doctor's office she weighed 10 lbs 4 oz. She was 7 lbs 8 oz when she was born. She's a pretty good eater. In the last few days she is smiling more and more. She especially likes to smile for Megan!! Megan loves to play in her jungle gym with her and talk to her. It's like they have their own language. Gabby always calms down when she hears Megan talking.
Gabby was so frustrating for me last night. I tried to feed her at about 9pm and she wouldn't feed and she starting screaming for about 40 minutes. Nothing I did calmed her down. Finally she fell a sleep because she was so exhausted. I did give her some gripe water because I didn't know what to do. She did sleep pretty good at night which was nice for me. She still has been waking up only once at night and I love that!!
Next week Megan turns 2 years old!! I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. We are having a little party for her with 4 of her other 2 year old friends and their parents. They are all boys!! We are having a potluck dinner and then some birthday cake. It should be fun. Hopefully with weather will be nice and we can have the party outside. Megan loves to help "burp" Gabby these days. She is such a good helper!!

Jeff has been doing some more landscaping in our backyard this weekend. We took out our garden and he built a wall and we filled it with landscape rocks, it looks really good. Our yard is starting to look better now with all the work Jeff has done!! Next year maybe we will start working on the front yard. One thing at a time as it gets expensive and time consuming.
This is a before picture of the garden...
This is part ways through the project. It's not quite done yet. I will post more pictures of the finished product.

Well that's all for now. I need to go feed my daughter!

No comments: