Saturday, June 2, 2007

Summer Fun

The weather has been so nice here lately we are spending a lot of time outside. Megan loves to be outside and she seems to nap so much better when she is worn out from playing outside...which is fine with me!! We have been going to the park alot lately too and now whenever we drive by the park she wants to stop.

Tomorrow we are having a little birthday party for Megan and 3 of her boy friends. They are all born within one month of each other so we decided to combine the parties. The weather is still supposed to be nice so I think we will have the party on the deck and in the backyard. I can't believe Megan is turning 2 already, the time just flies by. She is talking so much these days and now is starting to put words together. She repeats everything that we say!
My parents are away on Vancouver Island this weekend and so they came over on Thursday night to see the girls. They gave Megan her birthday present early and it is a Dora tricicle. Dad and Jeff put the bike together and Megan would not go near it. She was afraid to sit on it! The next morning we went on the deck to play and she sat on it right away. She can't reach the pedals yet, but she pushes it around. She has been waking up early lately at about 6:30am and I'm not really into that. The one morning she got up and pushed a chair upto the kitchen window and was pointing and talking about her new bike. It was really cute!

Gabby is doing well and growing...she now has some chub on her little legs! She is quite fussy in the evenings and the other day she was crying so much I couldn't calm her down and then I went outside and swong on the swing with her and she totally calmed down. It was amazing!! I will definitely try that again. She smiles more and more everyday and now tries to "talk" to us. This newborn stage is so short!!

We are going to our friends house for dinner tonight and hopefully my friend will be able to streak my hair for me. It has been awhile since I had that done and my hair is so dark right now. I would like to lighten it up for summer!!

I will post pictures of Megan's party soon and I am attempting to make a caterpillar cake I saw on the internet. These things often don't work out for me, but we will see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi