Friday, June 22, 2007

What a blessing...

We have had a fantastic week! My dear cousin and friend Kirsten came to visit us from Tuesday to Friday. We had such a great time, just chatting and catching up!! We didn't do anything exciting, but it was just good to be together. She is such a blessing to me and a very special aunty to Megs and Gabby. Kirsten, I really appreciate your friendship and we love you very much!!

We always have to go to Walmart when we are together!!


Last time Kirsten was here Megan was still a little scared of her, but this visit Megan absolutely loved her!!! Megan can't stop talking about her now. Kirsten is such a good aunty, she changed lots of poopy diapers and even watched the girls while I went to visit my friend in the hospital!! I wish Kirsten could stay with us all the time, she could be our nanny!! We had really nice weather while she was here, so we were outside alot. We went to the beach one day with my mom and Megan loved it! She just sat on a towel and played with her beach toys. She didn't want to go in the water because it was cold.

Last week my Grandma came out for a few days and got to meet Gabby for the first time. It was really nice to be able to visit again with her since it had been awhile. Megan has been asking for great-grandma lately!! It's really cute. Also, last week we had a little playdate with some friends. It was so good to hang out with them again. Our little girls love to play together and our little babies are only 10 days apart!!
This past Monday our dear friends had their second baby, another little boy!! We are so happy for them. The experience was a little traumatic, but everything is okay now. Maybe one day our little girls will marry their little boys!!For father's day last weekend, Jeff and his brother went fishing with their dad on Saturday morning. The boys didn't catch anything, but I think dad caught a few. They had a good time together! Then on Sunday we took my parents out for a little treat. We have two awesome dads who love and support us and we are so thankful for them!! And I am totally blessed to have a wonderful daddy for our little girls. Jeff, I couldn't ask for a better daddy for Megan and Gabby. Thank you for being you and we love you so much!!


Gabby and I had our doctor's appointments this week. Gabby is now 11 lbs 12 oz and is 22.5 inches long. She is growing really well!! She is not quite as big as Megan was at this age. I looked at Megan's baby book and she was almost 13 lbs at 6 weeks!! Then Gabby had her 2 month shots on Wednesday and she did pretty good, I thought she would cry more. She did cry when the nurse put the needles in, but when it was done she was fine.
Sorry for the long post, but I had lots to catch up on!!


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Thanks for a great visit. Love you guys!