Thursday, January 17, 2008

Clapping and Crawling

It's amazing how fast a little baby can develop in one week!! Last week I heard a clicking sound in the living room where Gabby was and I was in the kitchen. I ran around the corner and found her clapping. It was so cute! Now when we ask her to clap she does it. What a smart little girl! And on Sunday she started crawling for the first time. She has been crawling backwards for a little while now and then she just started going forward and now she is fast! We have to keep the gate for the stairs shut all the time now. She seems to get into everything now. I have to be careful to not have small things lying around.I have been a little frustrated with Megan this week. She has not been napping:( I don't know if she is ready to give it up because she is only 2 1/2 years old. Also on the days that she does not nap I notice that she gets grumpy in the evenings. I have been forcing her to stay in her room at least for a quiet time so I can have an hour to myself in the day. I don't think she totally gets the "quiet time" thing yet. But, today she napped again and I was excited about that. She seems to be going to bed a little better these days too.Shoveling snow with daddy!
We have had lots of playdates this week with Meggie's little friends and their moms. We had playdates on Friday, Monday, Tuesday and today. Wow, that's a busy week for a 2 year old!! Megan loves to be with other kids and always enjoys going to other kids houses to play with different toys.We had my parents over for dinner last night as they are heading to Mexico on Saturday for 2 weeks! I'm a little jealous that they get to be in some hot weather while we are freezing cold here:( Also, we are going to miss them...2 weeks is a long time, especially when I usually talk to my mom almost every other day!

Bye for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way, i also read your blog. just so you know.

Nadine said...

i love love love the naked picture! she's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Gabby! Wow...she's getting so big already. Meg's...what a crazy girl! I miss them lots!

Keith - Kristen said...

Love Meg's nuddy pose :) Looks like your world is about to change for the even busier. Fun, fun!