Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm going to school...

We went to a fantastic little program last week called Strongstart. It's through the school district and it's for 0-6 year olds. It's very structured...the kids have playtime, then wash their hands, go to the bathroom, snack, wash hands again, outdoor play, story time, etc. It's in one of the elementary schools in town and last week was the grand opening. The program started in September and it's growing every week. It's every weekday morning from 8:45 - 11:45 and you can drop in anytime. I'm really excited because I can take both kids and the best part...it's totally free - snack included!!! The goal of the program is to build strong families, as they say parents are the best teachers. We are going to go once a week and a bunch of our friends are going to go to. Megan was so excited when I told her we were going to go to school. She asked it she could bring her backpack, and water and snack!! So fun.
Here Megan is learning to use a pen properly!! She likes to make grocery lists.

We had a little playdate with one of our neighbour girls this week and Meggie and S dressed up in some of Megan's princess dresses.We had Gabby's 9 month doctor check up this week. Here are the stats:
Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz. - 50% percentile
Height: 27.5 inches - 50% percentile
So, she's pretty average! She did not like the doctor's cold hands as she was checking her:( The doctor said she was doing really good and she couldn't believe the full head of blonde hair that she has!! I know she totally doesn't look like me...blue eyes, blonde hair, but I know she came out of me:)Megan has been having more naps again this week, but it's totally inconsistent. I really don't know what to do about this. I know she still needs that little hour or so nap, but I can't force her to have one. She does sleep really good at night usually 8pm-7:30am or so. I have been encouraging quiet time now when she doesn't nap and she just comes out of her room every 15 minutes or so. I just hope this phase passes soon.

We had some friends over for dinner and the evening on Thursday night. I made a new dish, I got the recipe from Jeff's mom. It was delicious! It's called Thai beau. It's a chicken dish, with coconut milk, ginger, garlic, cilantro, red peppers, mango and more. It turned out really good!! I will definitely have to make it again. I'm sometimes hesitant to try new things, because things don't often turn out for me:(

Our internet was down for a couple of days this week and so I had more time to do some scrapbooking. I'm really getting into it again and I am working on Gabby's book. I wanted to do a book for each of the girls of their first year and then after that I will just do books together, since they are in a lot of pictures together anyways!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we miss you guys!!! the blog is great... getting to know all the little details of our niece's lives (and their parents of course:-)) We will be up there soon! Love you!

Kirsten said...

I definitely need that recipe! Can you send it to me Tan. Sounds delicious! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Meggie shoveling snow... so cute! And Thai Beau sounds AMAZING!!! Can you send me the recipe too? :-)

Keith - Kristen said...

Getting into the school scene already?! That program sounds really great, how fun! And making grocery list already, wondering were she's seen that done before?! :) She's going to make some man a good wife one day :)

The Pemberton's said...

I am so glad you made a comment on my blog because now I found yours!
Your little girls are SO cute!
Chantel

Anonymous said...

We do the strong start thing too! We go to Enderby and it's pretty fantastic! Haylie was so ready for school stuff but I really didn't want to do a formal program. The drop in thing is really good for us. There are some weeks we just really don't want to go. I figure that there are a lot of years of scheduling ahead of us...we'll just live in the glory of spontaneity.
Annette :)