Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A great deal!!

We have had a pretty uneventful week...which was nice after the busy Christmas holidays!! We all have had colds for the last week or so, but I think we are on the mend:) Last Friday night we had Jeff's parents and brother over for pizza and a movie. None of us lasted through the movie and we had to shut it off part ways through...we were all too tired!

Here is just a little family picture from Christmas...I think it is one of the only ones where we are all looking at the camera!Megan LOVES curious george these days...we probably read it to her 10 times a day!!

On Saturday, Jeff's mom and the girls and I went shopping and I bought my dress for Eric and Traci's wedding. I saw it last week and have been thinking about it and so I decided to try it on and buy it!! It is a little big on top, but fits really good everywhere else. It will just get my mom or someone to alter it a little bit. It was a Christmas dress and so it was half price:) Very exciting. It was regularly $100 and I got it for $40!! Now I just want to get some strappy black sandals to go with it, oh and probably a necklace.

Here's the front...it also comes with little spaghetti straps. Jeff thinks it would look better with straps! I don't know which way I will wear it yet....and here is the back!
We got Megan a dress up princess dress chest for Christmas. It has 3 princess dresses and all the accessories to go with them. She has enjoyed trying the dresses on, but she especially likes the high heels and necklaces!!So today I straightened my hair and so I asked Meggie if she wanted me to straighten her hair too and she said "sure". So we did!! I think it looks so cute and it only took a few minutes to do.Her hair started to got curly again as soon as I put her in the bath:(
Gabby started eating puffed wheat this week and she loves it! It is so great to be able to give her just a few of them to keep her entertained while I get dinner ready:) Although, Megan likes them too and secretly steals them from her high chair.
On Saturday night Jeff and his brother went to our friends house to watch a movie on their big screen and Jas came over and we just visited. She had rented a movie, but we never ended up watching it. We talked from 7:30pm to about midnight!! That is SO late for me, but I wasn't even tired and it was so good to just chat and hang out with her again. It seems with kids and jobs, we often don't have the time to do that much anymore:(

I hope you all are having a great week!! Also, I would love to know who all reads my blog, just for my own interest. Please leave a comment and let me know...thanks so much.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyday sis... and Alicia is on facebook now so I check that out too. Love you!!!

Keith - Kristen said...

Love the Family pic, so hard to get a good one at this stage of the game. Love the dress, my vote is no straps, but you'll look hot in it regardless. Love her hair straight, super sweet. I also check on you everyday :)

Nadine said...

hey. I check it out all the time as well!

Kirsten said...

Love the dress. Great find Tan. And so cute straightening Meg's hair. So fun! And I too am a faithful reader! Love you guys. Hey Loren....just waiting for that email from you : )

Anonymous said...

Awww Tanya I love reading your blog! The pictures of your girls are so beautiful. I think it's so cute that you straightened Megan's hair already, you're teaching her well ;)

Unknown said...

I love how Megan loves you to read Curious George over and over...must be a two-three year old thing!! Haylie's all about the princesses too. My mom got her a box of dresses like that last year and she still wears one of them every day! And the puffed wheat...we have puffed rice like that and Cade is really enjoying them too. Thanks for the message the other day. It really has been too long. I'm hoping to get down to Kelowna this month sometime. I'll call or email and hopefully we can get together!
Oh...and I love reading about your life...keep it up!

Unknown said...

That was me...sorry.
Annette :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanya! I read your blog too...I have ever since you told me about it...sorry I never comment! I love your dress that you got for the wedding...and what a good deal!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I almost think the dress would look better without straps...but go with whatever you're most comfortable in! :)

Anonymous said...

never listen to Jeff on fashion advice...:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tan! I LOVE your dress! You're going to look better than ME!! :-) Don't worry, I'm not Bridezilla. Look as hot as you want. Seriously... it's so cute and if even goes with the color scheme. You and Megan will match! I'll send you pics of her dress. I LOVE the pic of Gabby biting the chair and it is so funny that megan steals her puffs.

mikeandjen said...

hi tanya! you don't know me - i'm a blog lurker but i found your blog through kirstens and thought you had a really cute family - so i stop by sometimes and enjoy your entries. hope that's ok!

Anonymous said...

I love Meg's hair straight too...although the curls are cute too...even though she will hate them when she gets older! ha ha!
I LOVE the dress..and the fact that you can fit into it makes me sick!!!Just Kidding!

tomandlynette said...

Hi Tanya, I check up on you once in a while. And Kirsten gives updates too. You have such a sweet family! Lynette

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers are about 330 bucks on every page. But finally I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that exact make. The prices for the shoes were all over 350 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that exact make. The prices for the shoes are all over 330 dollars on every page. But definitively I found this area selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices as regards the boots are about 200 dollars on every page. But finally I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?