Thursday, January 31, 2008

I love the sunshine...

Oh, how I love the sunshine! We had a beautiful, wintery day today! It was quite warm and it had just snowed last night...so Megs and I went out and enjoyed the snow and sunshine while Gabby slept. I did shovel the driveway and then we just played together. It was so much fun and I couldn't believe how warm it was! I am so ready for Spring and some warmer weather now.
Having some family fun times, bouncing on the our bed:)Megan is still not napping regularly these days. I have kind of given up on the napping thing with her, but I am enforcing quiet time. It seems to be working a little better now and she doesn't come out of her room every 10 minutes! I give her some books and she can play with some toys in her room that are quiet. Yesterday, I desperately wanted her to have a nap because she was overtired and cranky. We went to the mall in the morning and she walked/ran the whole time. She kept telling me she was tired, so I thought for sure she would sleep. It took about 1.5 hours for her to fall asleep and then I only let her sleep for about 1/2 hour so she would still go to bed at night time. She was NOT happy with me when I woke her up:( I find myself getting frustrated with her when she won't nap. Now I have been praying every morning before I get up that God would give me calmness and patience with her and I am feeling so much better now. It's amazing how your day can change for the better when you start it with prayer:)Jeff and I are going on a "date" this weekend!! It has been SO long since we have been out together without the kids. I'm just getting used to it now and it seems normal, but we really want to go on a date about once a month now! We are just going to some friends house for the evening and Jeff's parents have graciously agreed to watch the girls. It is such a blessing to have family close by...I don't know what I would do without our parents help!! I am SO thankful for them.
Gabby is getting so fast at crawling now. She loves for Megan to crawl and then she follows her. Megan thinks it's so funny because she thinks that Gabby is chasing her. So cute! I love to watch the girls "play" together. I hope and pray that they have a very close sister relationship as they grow up. They really seem to adore each other!I think that's all for today...I am off to bed!!

2 comments:

Keith - Kristen said...

I hear yah on the being ready for warmer weather. I can't wait to put Teagan in summer clothes and dresses. So fun! I love that pic of you and the girls on the bed. And so special that the girls play together so well, I too hope for a close relationship for them.

Eric Vogt said...

I love the picture of Megan jumping on the bed. Don't let her get any scars on her head like her "unt-na" did! We're hoping to come up for Easter, and can't wait to see you and Jeff, and the girls again!