Monday, March 10, 2008

My sick baby:(

My baby has been sick for the last couple of days. Gabby just isn't herself when she is sick. She just has a fever and no other symptoms...but I see a little tooth trying to pop out:( So maybe that's the problem. My other suspicion was that she might have infant measles. Meggie had them when she was a baby and she just had a fever for 3-4 days and then a little rash. So, I guess we will wait and see.This week the weather has been so nice, although today it is rainy. But, I actually like the rain every once in a while. We had a playdate with some of Meggie's friends on Friday at the park. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air again. I love spring!! One of the mom's brought cupcakes for the kids and Meggie was in heaven:) That same day we decided to have a "picnic" out on the deck for lunch. I brought out Gabby's highchair and we all had a nice lunch outside!!I was able to take Megan to her "school" again this week and she loved it! My mom offered to take Gabby, so that Meg and I could go to school together. It was so fun for her and I to have some time together. She loves all the toys and stories at school. I forget how easy it is to do things with just one kid!!We have started going back to our church that we grew up in. We have been going there for about a month now. It totally feels like home:) It's so nice to be in a smaller church again, I really missed that. The church we have been going to for about 2 years now was a great church, but we did not feel connected there at all. We have lots of friends at our home church. We met a new family there last week and we had them over for dinner last night and we had a great time! I'm hoping and praying that the church continues to draw young families.
We picked up Jeff's parents from the airport this morning. They have been gone for about 3 1/2 weeks on a vacation in Indonesia. It sounds like they had a wonderful time...I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures! Meggie was so excited to see ama and papa dog again:)

I got a smoking deal on an electric fireplace this week!! I was pretty proud of myself:) We wanted to get an electric fireplace in the winter for our basement family room, but we didn't really want to spend the money. I was at Superstore this week with my mom and they had a pallet of about 10 fireplaces on display and they were marked down from $229.00 to $29.00...yeah, you read that right!! A savings of $200. Everyone knows that I love a great deal:) The manager at the store said he put them out and in about 10 minutes they were all gone!! I just happened to be there at the right time. We decided to put it upstairs for now, because we really don't have room downstairs. We put it in the living room and I think it looks great!!
We have a baby shower tonight at the church for Colleen and baby Sarah. She is getting so big now, every time I see her she looks chubbier!! I hope lots of people come out!! Derek is going to come over to our place to watch a movie with Jeff and have a "boys" night. Should be fun:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey tanya! I am so jealous of that great deal you got at superstore!! I have been wanting an electric fireplace too, and like you, have not wanted to spend the money! Lucky you for being at superstore at just the right time!! And I know what you mean about not feeling connected at church...I haven't felt connected at any church I've been to since leaving KGF.
:(

Kirsten said...

Love Love Love the new fireplace. Great find! I dream of having a fireplace : )

Sorry to hear Gabs is sick. Hope you are all energized and feeling well soon.

Fun to hear about KGF. I was wondering where you were at with that. We really should just chat sometime! Miss you
Love Kirst

Nadine said...

The pictures are so cute! She's growing up so much! I was trying to think back if I have met her? I think I might of, but regardless, she's so big now! I can't wait to see you guys!
The fireplace is beautiful!