Thursday, April 17, 2008

My baby turns 1!!

Today my baby turned 1 year old!! I can hardly believe this little blessing to our family is already 1. The time just seems to fly by when you have little ones. Gabby has been and continues to be such a blessing to us. She has been an amazing, happy, smiley little girl.Only about an hour old!!

Today I am happy and sad all at the same time:) Sad, because my little baby is growing up and is not so much a baby anymore, but happy because she is growing and becoming more and more fun every day. This morning I was remembering when she was born and the memory is still so vivid in my mind. I was in awe of this second little girl that God blessed us with!! I didn't know how I would love another child as much as I loved Megan, but that was not an issue...I loved Gabby the minute I saw her. I think my heart just grew, so that I could love Gabby as much as Megan!

Someday

Someday, she'll be a famous pianist
or a high school science teacher.
She'll settle down, marry, have a couple of kids.
Maybe she won't.

Someday, she'll help millions of
people all over the world.
Or maybe she'll travel, send
letters from Africa or phone us from Rome.
Someday, she'll be a strong
confident woman...

...but we'll always remember
the first time we held
her in our arms.

Someday, she'll have her own
hopes and dreams, not knowing
that once upon a quiet time, we
closed our eyes and dreamed
to have her in our life.

2 months old3 months old4 months old5 months old6 months old7 months old8 months old9 months old10 months old11 months oldOne year old!!

I am blessed beyond measure to be her mommy! Gabby we love you so much!!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Lots happens in a year, especially at that age. Now, I don't notice a lot of difference in me in a year, but they change so much. Hopefully I can stop by again this summer when my Dad and I go on the Second Annual Okanogan Golf trip.

Keith - Kristen said...

Happy Birthday sweet little girl!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

kelly ens said...

happy belated birthday to Gabby!