Monday, April 14, 2008

My dad turns 60!!!

We had a very busy weekend...it was my dad's 60th birthday!! I used to think 60 was so old, but it doesn't seem that old anymore:) My sister and I were talking about how we remember dad's 40th birthday and we thought that was old...I guess the closer you get to that age the younger it seems!! I'm so glad we got to share this special day with you dad. We love you so much!! Papa Beep and his girls!!
Gabby having a special moment with Uncle Gary...I think she thought he was papa!!We had lots of fun with my family! Everyone came home for the weekend. We had a big birthday party for dad on Saturday afternoon. My dad was very blessed by all the friends that came to celebrate him! The weather was SO nice on Saturday, we spent some time on the deck and some of us even got a little suntan. We went to the beach in the evening and played at the park. The kids had a blast! Then on Sunday morning we had a family brunch and then went for a walk and took some family pictures.Loren and Alicia stayed at our house on Saturday night and it was nice just to hang out and chat with them! Megan enjoyed jumping on their bed in the morning:) Today, Megs asked where aunty and uncle were because she wanted to play with them again! But, now it's only a month until we see them again.Last weekend, Megan got a "new to her" bike from our neighbors. It has training wheels and she loves to sit on it...but doesn't quite get the whole pedaling thing yet! She likes it when we push her, while she sits on the bike:)I am absolutely loving the warmer weather!! I love being outside in the fresh air. I know the girls love it also. I managed to mow the lawn yesterday and so now it definitely feels like spring! We bought a wooden swing set/play center for the girls this weekend. It's going to be their birthday presents. Hopefully, Jeff will put it together in the next couple of days!Here are some fun family photos from yesterday...
Hope you enjoyed all the pictures!!

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Wow! I love your fun picture posts!
Thanks especially for the one of my Dad! I think it's the first one I've seen that's recent for a while! Your hair is so long. It looks great!
I'm glad you're having fun!