Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The party details...and pictures!!

Gabby had a great 1st birthday!! She was so happy and smiley that day(minus getting the party hat on!). We had a little "kid" party on Thursday morning. I made some cupcakes and the kids played outside as it was a beautiful sunny day! She got lots of cute new outfits, courtesy of the mom's who have boys...it's always fun to buy cute girls clothes:)She wasn't too sure about the presents, she just threw them off the chair and wanted to get down!She loved the marshmallows on the cupcakes and the chocolate icing...I don't even think she tasted the cake:)Gabby was so happy just to be outside and have other kids around!
Here's the 2 birthday girls....same day, just 30 years apart:)
Gabby wasn't too sure about the party hat, but she soon forgot about it and was happy again once she saw her cupcake!

Then in the evening, both sets of grandparents came over for a birthday dinner and birthday cake! We bought the girls an outdoor wooden swing set for their birthdays and our parents contributed to that as well. Megan loves it, and I'm sure Gabby will soon too!Gabby had her 1 year check up appointment yesterday with the doctor. She weighs 19 lbs 13 oz and is 30 inches long. She's quite tall for her age! I looked back in Megan's baby book and at 1 year Megan weighed almost 23 lbs!! I guess Gabby's just a little peanut:)We have visited lots of little babies in the last week...4 of our friends have had babies in the last month! They are all so cute and tiny. I hardly remember when our girls were that small. It almost makes me want to have another one. Jeff is not at all interested in having another one! I'm just excited to have a few more girls around, since 90% of Megan and Gabby's friends are boys:)These 2 are only 4 days apart!I have another soccer game tonight! Last week we won 2-0 and it was really fun to get out and play again. Although today is pretty cool outside, so I'm not looking forward to wearing shorts:( I think Jeff is going to bring the kids to the game tonight, so that should be fun! They haven't seen me play much before.

Meggie went to a neighbor girls birthday party on Sunday. They had a carnival theme and they had a clown come to the party for about an hour. I wasn't sure what Megan would think about it and she really enjoyed him:) He did lots of magic tricks and made each kid a balloon animal. He had the kids entertained the whole time!!Okay, this post is getting long, so I will go now!! Blessing to you all.

No comments: