Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Feeling like Spring...

Megan had her first ballet class of the year this morning and she absolutely loves it! All morning before her class she is asking when she get put her tutu on. It's so cute! This session goes until April and then she won't be able to go in ballet during the day as of next year, because she will be in full day school:(
Gabby is looking forward to when she can be in ballet and I think you have to be 3 years old before you can start. So maybe next year, when Meggie is in school I'll put Gabby in ballet! And I'm pretty sure she will love it too:)
This boy loves to climb stairs...
We had a busy weekend last week! It started on Thursday evening with a 90th birthday dinner with Jeff's grandpa. We went over to Jeff's parents place and had a delicious meal and birthday cake together. He is our last grandfather/great-grandfather alive, so I think it's pretty special!
Great-grandpa and 3 of his great-grandkids!
Then on Friday night our wonderful friends had us over for dinner! We have dinner parties with these friends about once a month and we rotate houses. It is so much fun for us and for the kiddies! There are 8 kids in our three families. It's great because the kids usually entertain each other and keep busy and we feed them dinner first and then the adults have a somewhat uninterrupted dinner! I am so blessed to have the friendships that I do, I know that they are an incredible gift from God.
Marty showing off his 2 new upper teeth...
On Saturday we went to some other friends house for another dinner. It was great, I didn't have to cook for 3 nights in a row!! They don't have kids and their house was SO clean. I think it was much messier after we left. It was nice to see their house before they move. They just sold it and have to be out in 4 weeks!!
Sunday night I went to a meeting at church and Jeff stayed home with the kids! I didn't end up getting home until after 10:30pm and the meeting wasn't even over yet!! I was so tired and needed to get some sleep. I got home and Jeff was still up and then we ended up talking for about 1/2 hour...and that is way too late for us to get to bed!
The kids have runny noses AGAIN!! But, they don't really seem bothered by it and they are still sleeping great. Although, last night I heard Megan coughing quite a bit at night. I've just resided to the fact that we will not be healthy until spring(hopefully!).
Speaking of Spring...it sure feels like it around here lately! The sun has been shining for the last couple of days and it's such mild temperatures. I love it! Jeff and I took the kids to the park a few days ago after he got home from work and it was starting to cool down, but still very comfortable. I'm really looking forward to Spring and Summer and just to be able to get outside more!

2 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Great photos again Tan. Don't worry about the kid's runny noses, they'll stop in about 15 years.

Lindsay said...

Wow. Marty sure looks like you in that picture! Hope the runny noses go away soon!