Thursday, February 4, 2010

Starting school

On Monday morning, my dad came over at 9am to watch the kids while I went to the school to register Meggie for Kindergarten!!! I can not believe she will be 5 years old this year and starting school in September. I know everyone says how quickly time goes...but I still can remember giving birth to her and it doesn't feel like that long ago:( Meggie is back in ballet again and is loving it...here are a few cute pictures I took of her yesterday. I bought this purple ballet outfit from Value Village($3) a little while back and she wanted to wear it to class and she was so excited!! (try to ignore the horribly dirty mirror and reflection in the background:(
Oh, and before we left for ballet the girls insisted on having their nails painted. Gabby wanted pink nail polish and Meggie wanted purple to match her ballet clothes!
Marty is standing on his own more and more now and I think walking will be coming very soon. I'm in no hurry for him to start walking, he's my baby and I want things to take longer with him. I'm just trying to enjoy every moment with these precious kids, because these years go by so fast!
Jeff took all 3 kids to the park yesterday, so that I could make dinner without the kids! What a great hubby and daddy he is:) He put Marty on his shoulders and he loved watching his sisters play at the park. Before they went to the park, Jeff was on the driveway watching the girls ride their bikes...and Marty watching them from the window...

The kids still love to play in the bouncy house! It was such a great investment...they love it and it gets all their energy out. Usually in the mornings, we have breakfast and then get dressed and then all 3 of them play in the playroom for about 1/2 hour while I get ready. Then about 9am, I feed Marty and put him down for a nap! We have a pretty good routine going on right now. Happy kids = happy mommy:)

Here's a cute video of Meggie "helping" Marty walk...he thinks it's pretty funny!

My parents are leaving for Mexico on Sunday for 2 weeks!! I'm only slightly jealous:( And Jeff's parents booked a trip to Hawaii in March. It seems like everyone around us is going on vacation somewhere nice and warm!! I don't know if I mentioned this before, but we are planning a trip to Las Vegas at the end of August for our 10 year anniversary!! We are planning on going with 2 other couples...our very good friends! I'm really looking forward to a little trip, just adults:) No working around naps or bedtimes. How fun!


4 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Well, there you have it. That photo of Martin smiling clearly shows that he's been given the standard issue of "Vogt hair". Poor chap.

Traci said...

Oh my gosh! THe pictures of Megs in her ballet outfit are adorable! And, don't feel too left out. We're not going ANYWHERE tropical. :-)

Kirsten said...

I can't believe Megs will be in Kindergarten in fall. Craziness!

We are really hoping to come visit sometime in March. A lot of life is uncertain right now related to Malcolm's work, and so we have to wait to finalize details. Are you around?

Miss you lots.

Greg said...

I was just talking to my Uncle last night, and they are going to Mexico in just over a week. All this talk is making me lean a lot more to a tropical honeymoon.