Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ONE

Today our sweet baby boy turns ONE!!! Seriously...how did that happen?!?!? On one hand I can't believe he is one and on the other hand, I can't imagine him not being part of our family! He has been and continues to be an incredible blessing to us. I am SO thankful God chose him for us!! I love being his mommy.
I can't believe he was still in my tummy one year ago....(me and all my extra 50 lbs!)
Just minutes old...
Now one year old...
Technically, he is not 1 until 7:30pm tonight!! I was a little teary eyed this morning just thinking about this past year. I just love my boy so much:) He is an absolute joy to us!! Oh...and so stinkin cute if you ask me...
Last Saturday he took one tiny little step!! Jeff and I were with him in the playroom and he stood in the middle of room(he does this all the time) without help and then he took just one little step. It was so cute! I was really glad Jeff and I were both there to see it!

We took the kids to the park on Valentine's day. It was raining a little bit, but the kids didn't seem to care!
Yesterday was a big day for Marty to. He got his first bottle of whole milk just before his second nap. He had no problem drinking from a bottle and he didn't seem to mind the taste! He only drank about 3 ounces and I'm not sure how much he should be drinking. I'm still nursing him first thing in the morning and just before bed, so I will slowly wean him.

Megs giving Marty his bottle, she is such a big helper...
And...he got his first haircut!!! I was still hesitant to cut his hair because it's still his cute soft baby hair, but Jeff thought it was time. Marty wasn't too cooperate, but we managed to get it done! He doesn't really like to sit still.

Before...
During...
After...(I think he looks like such a big boy now!)And also I want to wish my father-in-law a very happy birthday today!!! I think it is so neat that Marty and his Grandpa share the same birthday. We are going to Red Robin for dinner and then having some cake at our house afterwards. And then the "kids" birthday party for Marty on Saturday. Should be fun...and chaotic!!

6 comments:

tomandlynette said...

Happy Birthday, Marty! You're such a cutie in your pictures, and I'm sure even more so in real life! Enjoy all the partying!

Kirsten said...

Oh Marms...what a cutie you are. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you : )

Traci said...

He DOES look like a little boy! Happy Birthday Marms!

Eric Vogt said...

Great post Tan. You'll have to give Marty a big birthday hug from me if he hasn't already exceeded his birthday hug limit.

I love the photo of Mar-mi looking out the window with his ever-present big grin.

Greg said...

Happy Birthday to Marty, and definitely cute, but that's expexcted for you guys!

Lindsay said...

it's not just you. He is so very STINKIN CUTE! :) Happy Birthday Marty!