Sunday, February 14, 2010

Celebrating

This month so far has been crazy busy and it's not over yet...I think this week will be our busiest! But, filled with lots of fun things!

Jeff and I usually don't do much for Valentine's Day. Last night we did go on a double date with our good friends. We went for dinner at Kelsey's and then drove to Montana's and picked up a couple of deep-fried cheesecakes and then went to my parents place(they are in Mexico) and had the cheesecake and some of us enjoyed Jeff's homemade red wine! It was such a fun evening with great friends. And thanks mom and dad V for babysitting for us!! It was much appreciated!

Meggie loves to color and she's getting so good with coloring in the lines...
So today is a very special day for my parents, even though they are not home for us to celebrate with them! But, 40 years ago today they got married!!! Wow...what a great example we have in our parents' marriages. We love you so much:)

The girls wanted to try on my wedding dress a few weeks ago...it's just a little big for them!Last weekend, Jeff and I decided we would feed the kids dinner and put them to bed and then we would make dinner for just the two of us! We don't do this very often because we are usually hungry when the kids are. But, we thought we would have a "date" at home! It was so fun and really enjoyable to have an uninterrupted dinner. Jeff grilled some chicken on the BBQ and I made a yummy salad with organic greens, sauteed mushrooms, mandarin oranges, mozza cheese and candied pecans. Jeff also made cheese garlic buns to go with the salad. Oh my...it was SO good!! So, for Valentines day today, we are going to do the same thing for dinner and then maybe watch a movie.This week holds another very special day for 2 people...it's Marty and Jeff's dad's birthday on Wednesday. Yes, they have the same birthday, just 59 years apart!! We are going to celebrate by going to Red Robin for dinner and having some birthday cake at our house after that. Still can not believe my baby will be ONE!!

Meg took this pic of Marty and he looks a little stunned...Then on Saturday, we are having a "kids" birthday party for Marty! Just having some of his little friends over for a little get together. It's going to be crazy with about 15 kids and 14 adults!! I'm doing a turtle themed party for him. I even made a turtle pinata with the girls...they loved it!

Last Friday, Megan started swimming lessons again. I had both girls signed up for classes one right after the other, but then they canceled Gabby's class:( She was fine with it and I think I will just take Gabby in the water some times while Megan is in her class. I hope to sign Gabby up for lessons in the Spring. She got pretty excited watching Megan in the water and seeing the slide!!
One of the Christian high schools in town is putting on a play of Cinderella this week. My girls love Cinderella and I'm going to take them to see it probably on Thursday or Friday night. The show starts at 7pm and they usually go to bed at 7pm, but we'll keep them up a little late that night. I know they are going to love it:)

We've been really bad about taking pictures lately and we need to take more! I'm sure this week, we will make up for it. The zoom on our camera is broken and I don't really want to send it away and we are kind of thinking of getting a new camera soon anyways.I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Jeff is now making his own wine and beer! It's a new hobby for him. He did his first batch of wine about a month ago and it turned out pretty good and about a week ago he did some beer and I think he is going to start another batch of wine this week. It's lots of work because he has to sterilize everything really well. This all gets done in our laundry room!!

Anyways, that's all for today!!

2 comments:

Traci said...

Your girls in your wedding dress... so cute. I love the one of Megs where Marms is peeking out from behind! Love and miss you all!

Kirsten said...

Loved the update. Missing you lots. So many fun events this week. Happy Birthday Marms! And amazing - 40 years for your parents. Happy Anniversary Uncle Jake and Auntie Bev.

Glad I get to see you in one month : )