Friday, February 26, 2010

Our week...


I decided that Gabby needed a little haircut! I guess now that we cut Marty's hair...I'm in the haircutting mode:) Her hair was actually getting quite long and it was still her baby hair. I cut a couple of inches off the bottom. I still wanted it long enough to be able to put ponytails in.

Before...
About half way through the haircut...she didn't feel like doing it anymore!
After...
She needed a bath after her haircut and he needed one because he pooped his pants!
Yesterday, I went to the mall with the kids and my mom. I just needed to get out of the house and I hadn't been to the mall in awhile. Megan had had 3 times out at home prior to going to the mall. I don't know what was going on with her. We met my mom and shopped around for about an hour. Then we went into an accessories store and Megan saw a tiara that she wanted. I said no because we have lots of dress up things and really didn't need anymore. We left the store and Megan had a MAJOR meltdown! Seriously, the worst I've ever experienced with her. She has definitely been the most difficult for us in the temper tantrum department than our other kids...so far. She was screaming and kicking and I was trying to carry her out of the mall. She weighs over 40 lbs, so needless to say, my arms are a little sore today! She was screaming so loud and everyone was looking at me and her. Thank goodness my mom was with us and she took care of Gabs and Marty. Megs continued to scream the entire way home and I cranked the worship music and she screamed louder! Marty started crying because he was scared:( Anyways, we had a long talk about it after she calmed down and we took away her priviledges(computer/TV) and she doesn't get to go to town with Jeff on Saturday(which she loves to do).
She was very sorry about it after we talked about it. I was SO upset with her and explained how she hurt my feelings too. I'm trying to get her to talk about how she is feeling more and how to control her emotions. Not an easy task! I told her that I still love her no matter what. I started thinking about how God still loves us no matter how much we mess up or hurt him...it's giving me a whole new perspective.

Marty had his 1 year check up with his doctor this week. He's just a little guy! He weighed 19 lbs 9 oz. He is only in the 10th percentile for weight, but the 90th percentile for height. Long and lean, just like his daddy! The doctor wants to make sure he continues to gain weight so we have to go back in 2 months. He eats like a horse, so I'm not worried about him. He's just very active and moves all the time!

We bought new windows for our house a few weeks ago...just before time ran out for the house renovation tax credit! We had the windows delivered last week and Jeff was talking to one of the construction workers at his job site. The guy said that him and his co-worker would install the windows for us. Jeff was going to do it himself once the weather warmed up a bit. They are going to come install the windows on Tuesday! They are giving us a smoking deal and we are thankful for that. It saves Jeff a bunch of time...it probably would have taken him weeks to get the windows done.

Then we have to think about what color we want to paint the exterior of our house and trim, etc. And we might be getting our deck replaced this year too. Lots of fun things!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Great post, Tan! Great insights about Meggie's meltdown. That little man of yours is just getting cuter and cuter every day and your girls are growing up so fast. Again, I hate missing out on that. Tell them hello from me. We'll have to chat sometime soon. Love you all! Trae